SBI IRCTC credit card is the only card in India for the railway users. This credit card provides benefits like transaction charge waiver, great saving on railway ticket booking along with fuel surcharge waiver and reward points on your all other retail spends.
Firstly, have a look at Fee & Charges
First Year Fee – Rs 500
Renewal Fee – Rs 300
Cash Advance Fee – 2.5%, minimum of Rs 300
Get 350 activation reward points on spending Rs 500 or more with 45 days from card issuance. The redeemable value of 350 reward points is Rs 350.
Reward Points & Cashback
- Earn Rs 100 cash back on first ATM cash withdrawal transaction within the 30 days of card receiving. But you have to pay cash advance fee, minimum of Rs 300. Frankly speaking, this is beyond my understanding, get 100 cash back by paying Rs 300 as a fee.
- Get 10% of your spend in reward points when you buy a ticket through www.irctc.co.in for AC1, AC2, and AC CC.
- Get 1 reward point for every spend Rs 125 on (non-fuel) retail purchases including railway tickets.
- Enjoy freedom from paying 1% fuel surcharge across all the petrol pumps in India on the transaction of Rs 500- 3000. Fuel surcharge waiver capped at Rs 100 per calendar month.
Transaction Charge Saving On SBI IRCTC Credit Card
Do you ever book your train ticket online?
If yes then do you remember, you have to pay a transaction charge of 1.8% every time.
This transaction charges can be saved through booking on SBI IRCTC credit card. This is the only card that provides transaction charge waiver on railway booking.
Hidden Condition Behind the 10% on Ticket Booking
SBI IRCTC credit card offers 10% value back in form of reward points on booking through irctc.co.in.
But there is a hidden condition. In this condition, year days are divided into two groups. If you book your travel between the dates of the first group, you will get 4 Points ( 4% ).
During second groups schedule, you will get 10 reward points (10%).
Here are the dates
What To Do With Reward Points?
Redeem your reward points against railway ticket purchase through irctc.co.in whenever you want to redeem within the 3 years of the accrual of reward points.
You can start redeeming reward points on accrual of the minimum of 500 reward points. For all subsequent redemptions, you have to need 300 reward points.
- The cardholder must be above 18 and below 60.
This is the only eligibility mentioned by the bank. You can check your eligibility while applying for the card.
- Identity Card.
- Address proof.
- 1 passport size photograph.
- Salaried class- latest one month salary slip.
- Self Employed Businessmen- Latest IT return with computation of income.
- Self Employed Professionals – Latest IT return.
Comparison of SBI IRCTC Credit Card
Comparison prove useful only if it makes in between the same class product. But SBI IRCTC is the only credit card in India for railway booking. There is no another credit card under the same category with whom the comparison can make.
Whether You Should Apply or Not?
The card offers 1 reward point for every spends Rs 125 on (non-fuel) retail purchases including railway tickets. If you calculate the value it will be 0.80% ( Rs 1 on Rs 125) which is a decent amount. You will save 0.80% on your every spends.
The card offers great deals on railway booking which no other card can beat( best for frequent railway traveler).The annual fee is also very reasonable (300 from the second year) as compared to other cards.
Now, I think you can easily decide whether you should apply for SBI IRCTC credit card or not.
How helpful the SBI IRCTC credit card review proves for you, let me know in the comments.