5 Best Credit Card for Fuel in India 2018
Fuel expense is one of the major expenditure we do in our routine life, especially in urban areas. And, due to steady rise in fuel prices, the expenses will always in the upward direction.
Fuel credit cards helps you to cashback or reward points on your every fuel spend.
So, for those who spend significant money on fuel, its a source of small savings just by swiping the right credit card at the right fuel station.
I have reviewed credit cards from all banks and prepared a list of 13 best credit cards in India.
In this article I have reviewed the 5 best credit card for fuel in india that gives either cashback or reward points on fuel spends. These 5 best credit cards for fuel are
1. Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
2. Citibank Indian Oil Credit Card
3. ICICI Bank HPCL Coral American Express Credit Card
4. HDFC Bharat CashBack Credit Card
5. Indusind Iconia Credit Card (Amex Variant)
Let’s have a look at each credit card
#1. Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
Super Value Titanium Credit Card is the best fuel credit card available in India. Unlike the other fuel credit cards, it offers 5% cashback on fuel spends across all fuel stations.
So, you can go to any fuel station across India to get the cashback on fuel spend.
Combine that benefit with 5% cashback on phone and utility, and it becomes one of the best in it’s category.
If you are first time applicant and your most of monthly expenses happen on fuel, phone and utility bills then you must apply for Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
Fee & Charges
Joining Fee: Rs 499 (Waived off with spending Rs. 30,000 in the first year)
Annual Fees: ZERO for the first year, Rs. 750 from second year onwards (Waived off with spending 60,000 in a year)
Benefits of Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
- 5% cashback on fuel upto maximum of INR 200 per month.
- 20% cashback on Uber rides upto Rs 600 per month.
- 5% cashback on telephone bills upto maximum of INR 200 per month
- 5% cashback on utility bills upto maximum of INR 100 per month
- 500 Additional reward points on registering for online banking
- 1 reward point for every Rs. 150 spent
Note: Minimum transaction amount for cashback eligibility is Rs 750
Limited Period Offer - Apply for the credit card online before 30th June 2018 and get BookMyShow voucher worth Rs. 250 on card setup and additional Rs. 750 on first transaction done within 30 days of card setup.
#2. Citibank Indian Oil Credit Card
Citibank Indian Oil credit card is the most popular fuel credit card in India. If you are a fan of Citibank and Indian Oil then consider applying for Citibank IOC Credit Card.
Citibank gives you 4 turbo points per Rs 150 on using this credit card on fuel stations.. You can redeem your turbo points for refilling fuel on Indian Oil outlets. 1 turbo point gives you Rs.1 of free fuel.
The biggest drawback of Citibank IOC is that it offers turbo points only at selected Indian Oil fuel stations.
But, if you are loyal customer of Indian Oil, then you must go with it. You will get the maximum benefit.
Otherwise, Standard Chartered super value titanium credit card is the best fuel credit card for the rest of users.
Fee & Charges
Annual Fees: Rs. 1000 (waived after spending Rs. Rs.30,000 in one year)
Limited Time Offer: Rs.250 worth of Activation benefits if you apply before 30 June, 2018
Benefits of Citibank Indian Oil Credit Card
- 4 Turbo Points on Rs.150 (2.67%) of fuel purchases at authorized IndianOil Retail Outlets
- Full waiver of the fuel surcharge (1%) on fuel purchases
- 2 Turbo Points on Rs.150 at grocery and supermarkets
- 1 Turbo Point on Rs.150 spent elsewhere like Shopping, Dining and more
- Up to 15% savings across participating restaurants with Citi credit card.
Note: Your card must be swiped on Citibank EDC (Credit Card Swipe Machine) only to avail the above benefits.
#3. ICICI Bank HPCL Coral American Express Credit Card
ICICI Bank HPCL credit card offers 2.5% cashback on fuel purchase along with 1% fuel surcharge waiver. Besides, you will earn 6 payback points per Rs 100 spent on fuel at HPCL pumps.
It is basically a fuel credit card only for the HPCL customers. So, If you normally purchase your fuel from HPCL, then this is the card which will save you the most on your fuel bill
Note: Your card must be swiped on ICICI merchant services swipe machines at HPCL fuel stations.
The card also gives you other offers like BookMyShow tickets, complimentary airport lounge access, savings on dinings, etc.
Fee & Charges
Annual Fee - Rs 199 ( Get waiver on spending Rs 50,000 in a year)
Benefits of ICICI Bank HPCL Credit Card
- 2.5% cashback Up to Rs 100 Cashback on fuel every month at HPCL pumps.
- 6 Payback points per Rs 100 on fuel purchase.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver at HPCL pumps.
- Earn 2 PAYBACK Points on every INR spent on other spent.
- Get INR 100 off on movie tickets on www.bookmyshow.com, twice each month
- Minimum 15% savings at over 800 leading restaurants across cities in India
- 8 complimentary lounge accesses in India per calendar year.
- Every 2,000 PAYBACK Points earn you fuel worth INR 500.
The major drawback of this card is that all the benefits of cashback, accelerated reward points, and fuel surcharge waiver is applicable only on HPCL petrol pumps.
#4. HDFC Bharat CashBack Credit Card
You can say HDFC Bharat cashback credit card an underbog in this list. Earlier no one notice it but now it is becoming popular for its cashback offers.
The card offers 5% cashback on the fuel irrespective to any specific fuel station. So, it gives you freedom to go to any fuel station and get the cashback.
Besides cashback on fuel, it offers the same cashback on bill payment, recharge, and IRCTC bookings.
Fee & Charges
Annual Fee - 500 (Get fee waiver on spends of Rs. 20,000 in a year)
Benefits of HDFC Bharat CashBack Credit Card
- Enjoy 5% cashback on fuel spends.
- Get 5% cashback on rail bookings through IRCTC.
- 5% cashback on all bill pay and recharges.
- Additionally enjoy 5% CashBack for all EasyEMI, PayZapp and SmartBUY transactions using the card (Maxi. Rs 150 per month)
- 1% fuel surcharge waived off on fuel transactions.(Mini transaction of INR 400)
Note- Maximum cashback per month is Rs 150 (combined on fuel, IRCTC and bill payment)
5% cashback offer on fuel, bill payments, recharge, IRCTC bookings is capped at Rs. 150 per month which is very less amount.
However besides cashback, you don’t earn anything for other purchases that you would be making.
#5. Indusind Iconia Credit Card (Amex Variant)
Indusind Iconia is not basically a fuel credit card, but this is one of those rare cards that gives you reward points even on fuel spends.
The best thing about the reward points with indusind is that you can redeem them for cash credit on statement which is as good as cashback concept.
Iconia credit card has two variants. One is Amex and the other one is VISA. In this list, I included Amex variants because it gives better offers than the VISA variant.
Fee & Charges
Joining Fee - Rs 17999 (No annual fee)
It means you have to pay one time fee for life time.
Benefits of Indusind Iconia Credit Card (Amex Variant)
- Multiple options for welcome gift. You can choose any option as per your preference.
- Earn 2 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on weekends i.e. saturday and sunday.
- Earn 1.5 reward points for every Rs. 100 spent on weekdays i.e. monday to friday
- 1% Fuel surcharge waiver for a minimum transaction of Rs. 400.
- Get up to Rs. 200 off on movie tickets per month
- Unlimited Complimentary lounge access
- Complimentary Priority Pass program
- Enjoy 1 complimentary golf lesson and 1 complimentary game
- Complimentary air accident insurance cover up to Rs. 25 lakh
Indusind Iconia credit card is a all purpose card which comes with a high joining fee. If you compare the benefits with one time joining fee, you will find this credit card valuable.
But, If your sole purpose with the credit card is fuel benefit then you should consider the other options like Super Value Titanium credit card.
Conclusion - Which is the best credit card for fuel in India 2018
SC Super Value Titanium credit card is my favourite in this list because it gives 5% cashback on fuel spends irrespective of fuel station.
If you are regular customer of Indian Oil then you can opt for Citibank Indian Oil credit card.
Let me know your favourite fuel credit card in the comments.