HDFC Diners Club Premium credit card is a premium card offered by HDFC bank at a very nominal annual fee. Even this nominal fee can also waive off.
What a person can need more than having a premium credit card which cost zero annual fees.
Want to know more about this? Here are the details
HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card Review
Fee & Charges
- First Year Fee – Rs 2500 + taxes
- Renewal Fee – Rs 2500+ taxes
- Foreign Currency Markup – 2%
- Interest Rate – 40.20%
Make HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card Free of Cost
Spend 40K within 3 months of the card set up and your first-year annual fee will be waived off.
Spend 3 lakh every year and get next year renewal fee waiver & make your premium card having no annual fee.
The welcome gift is one common thing in all the travel credit cards. Most of the cards offer huge welcome in the first year but either no or reduced welcome gift from the second year.
But HDFC Diners Club Premium credit card gives every year a welcome gift of 2500 reward points.
HDFC Bank Reward Points Redemption
- Earn 8 reward points for every Rs 150 retail spend on www.hdfcbankdinersclub.com.
- Earn 4 reward points for every Rs 150 retail spend (except fuel).
HDFC Diners Club Premium credit card provides flexible redemption options. You can redeem reward points for booking air ticket & hotels at hdfcdinersclub.com or redeem for air miles across Jet Airways, Air India, and Singapore Airline.
The redemption value of reward points is 1 RP = Rs 0.70 at hdfcdinersclub.com and in case for air miles , 1RP = 0.70 miles.
Let’s Do Some calculations ( Love to do it )
Wow around 4.5% saving, but benefits are not stopped here. There are much more
Lesser Known Benefits of HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card
- Provide air accident cover of INR 1 crore.
- Emergency medical expense covers up to INR 25 lakhs.
- Credit Liability covers up to INR 9 lakhs.
- Travel insurance covers up to INR 50,000 on baggage delay or loss.
- Get an access to complimentary golf lesson at selected golf courses in India.
- Enjoy 5 Complimentary lounge access to worldwide and unlimited lounge access to domestic airports.
Comparison of HDFC Diners Club Premium with Other Two Best Travel Cards
Should You Apply For HDFC Diners Premium Credit Card?
This credit card is meant for the people having annual spend between 3 lakh to 5 lakh.
If you also belong to this category, then I suggest you, either apply for HDFC Diners Premium credit card or Amex Platinum Travel Credit Card. Both cards will prove beneficial for you.
One side HDFC Diners Premium credit card offers annual fee waiver and on the other side Amex Platinum Travel Credit Card offers additional gift vouchers.
HDFC Solitaire credit card review
Solitaire credit card is exclusively designed for women customers. HDFC Solitaire card focus on the shopping benefits.
My wife applied for solitaire card and got approved easily with credit limit of 2,50,000. Later she got the card upgraded to Regalia but we loved the solitaire too. (HDFC does not allow more than one credit card per customer).
She bought her macbook using the credit card and spent more than 1,00,000 rupees within a few months. HDFC bank sent shopping vouchers of Rs. 1000 after 6 months. We loved the bonus vouchers along with regular reward points.
HDFC solitaire card comes with with a zero liability on loss, that means you are safeguarded against misuse of credit card in case of loss. Make sure you inform the bank within 24 hours of fraudulent transaction.
Reward points and Benefits
- Get 3 reward points per Rs. 150 you spend through your solitaire credit card.
- Get 4.5 reward points per Rs. 150 by spending on dining and grocery.
- HDFC solitaire credit card offers, shoppers stop gift voucher worth Rs. 1,000 on spending Rs.75,000 every 6 months. It means you can get maximum of 2 vouchers every year. As soon as you spend Rs. 75,000 in 6 months you get one gift voucher.
- Get additional cashback of Rs.4000 on the spending of Rs. 5 lakh on your solitaire card in a year.
- Save Rs. 1500 in a year on your fuel transaction with your card as long as your monthly fuel expense is Rs.5000.
Redemption of reward points
- Redeem reward points as cashback against outstanding amount on your credit card. 100 reward points worth Rs.30.
- If you are travel lover, then you can also redeem your reward points against air miles / air vouchers of leading domestic airlines.
- Reward points are valid for 2 years. If you want to utilise reward points for travel purpose then you can firstly collect the reward points then redeem within 2 years.
- Fuel Surcharge waiver capped at Rs. 250 every billing cycle (ST applicable)
Fee and charges
- Ist year annual fee Rs 500
- From second year annual fee onwards Rs. 500
- Joining fee Nil
How to get annual fee waived
- In the first year, Spend Rs.10,000 within the 90 days of the card setup date and your first year annual fee will be waived off.
- By Spending Rs. 50,000 in a year, the annual fee of next year will be waived off.
Documents and eligibility
- Either you are salaries employee or self employed, this card is for the both.
- Minimum age must be 21 years.
- You need one Identity card, Permanent address proof and Income report
Final views on solitaire credit card
The percentage of cashback on this card is 0.6% which is not something great. If your annual spends are less than 50,000 then this card is not beneficial.
You will get just 300 rupees as cashback ( 49,999 * 0.6% = 300) if you spend less than 50,000 in one year. But you have to pay 500 rupees as annual fees.
The best way to use the credit card is spending more than 75,000 in six months to get rewards and free shopping vouchers.
HDFC Regalia Credit Card Review
HDFC Regalia credit card is a premium card issued by the HDFC bank. One interesting about this card is, the regalia cardholder has a prestigious status because Bank usually issues regalia card to high net-worth individuals who have higher ITR or a better relationship value with the bank.
HDFC launched Regalia as personal and business credit card. There is No difference in the benefits but different documents are required for each one’s application.
Fee & Charges
- First Year – INR 2500
- Renewal Fee – INR 2500
- Interest Rate – 35.40%
- Foreign Currency Markup – 2% (except yes bank preferred card)
Annual Fee waiver
- Spend INR 40,000 in first 90 days of the card set up and get your first-year annual fee waiver.
- Spend a total of 3 lakhs in a year and get next year’s annual fee waived off.
In simple words, spend every year 3 lakh with your HDFC Regalia Credit card & get benefits free of cost.
Reward Points & Other Offer
- Earn 4 reward points on every spent of Rs 150.
- Earn 8 points per Rs 150 spent on www.hdfcregalia.com and booking on airvistara.com
- Get 15% or more discount on dining at the premium restaurant across India.
- 1 crore air accident insurance in case of death due to flight accident.
- INR 15 lakhs on medical emergencies while traveling overseas.
Complimentary Club Vistara Membership
Regalia card holders enjoy complimentary Club Vistara Silver Membership which offers unmatched benefits on Vistara.Earn 9 Club Vistara(CV) points for every INR 100 spent on All Vistara Flights along with additional 5 kg baggage allowance.
Club Vistara membership is allowed to the primary cardholder and has a validity of 1 year.
Complimentary Lounge access With Your HDFC Regalia Credit Card
You will get 6 complimentary lounge access across the during one year. Add on cardholder can also enjoy the complimentary lounge access. The Primary Cardholder and the add-on can jointly have 6 free access to the Priority Pass lounges every year.
But in the case of domestic lounge access, you have to pay a visit charge of $27.
Get fuel surcharge waiver at all the fuel stations across the India on minimum transaction of INR 400. Maximum fuel surcharge capped at INR 500 per statement cycle.
HDFC Regalia Reward Points Worth
Many credit card offers huge reward points, say 10 reward points for every Rs 100 (for looking impressive) but have the redemption value very low, up to only 20-25%. So the actual benefit is not as impressive as it looks.
But this is not the case with HDFC Regalia credit card. Each reward point is worth INR 0.60. ( 60% value).
You earn 4 reward points for every spend of Rs 150. The worth of 4 reward points is INR 2.4 (0.60*4). Which means you can save 1.67% ( 2.4/150*100) of your hard earned money.
Saving turns 3.34% on your spent on www.hdfcregalia.com and booking on airvistara.com (8 reward points for every Rs 150)
Redeem HDFC Regalia Reward Points
You first need to convert them into Regalia vouchers and then you can use these in their dedicated Regalia website. Regalia reward points come with limitations. You can redeem the reward points only on hdfcregalia.com.
But good thing is, the hdfcregalia.com has lots of things which will help you in your day to day needs like Mobile/DTH recharges, Hotel/Flight/movie Bookings.
Check Your Eligibility
- Applicant should be of age between 21 years & 60 years for salaried and maximum of 65 years for self-employed.
- Salaried Applicant must have a minimum gross monthly salary of INR 1,20,000.
- Self-employed Applicant must have a minimum annual income of INR 12 Lakh.
- Identity Card.
- Address proof.
- 1 passport size photograph.
- Salaried class- latest one-month salary slip.
- Self Employed – Latest IT return with the computation of income.
Comparison Between HDFC Regalia Credit Card & Yes Bank Preferred Credit Card
I found features of Yes Bank Preferred Credit card very interesting. This card gives full competition to HDFC Regalia credit card in terms of benefits. So, here is the comparison between these two
Should You Go For HDFC Regalia Credit Card?
The HDFC Regalia card comes with an annual fee which can be waived, only if you spend 3 lakh in a year ( Avg 25000 per month). Make a quick calculation of your credit card expenditures.
If your total annual spend is less than 3 lakh, then your real saving will be up to 0.80% (very less). You should go for another card & vice versa.